Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What to do when you have too much to do?

I've got too much to do.

Actually, I'm not upset about that . . . I could be sitting around wishing I could get things done, bemoaning the fact I have a to-do list a mile long and I don't know where to start.

That's funny, I just described my life 75% of the time . . .

I'm a list person. I like to make and keep lists of things I have do to, regardless of whether or not I get them accomplished. Do I feel bad when I don't get everything checked off my list? Sometimes. But the simple act of making the list clears things in my mind, puts them in order of importance so I know what things are the most critical to get done.

Like picking my kids up from school.

I make a separate list for my writing duties. In fact this is (was) my list for today:

1. Check w/my friend Josh about Twitter.
2. Email Esther
3. Check w/Britney re: Sophia
4. Send Piggy to Beach Lane Books
5. Write new status report
6. Make edits on Sophia, prepare for Viking and LA
7. Email Lin
8. Blog

As you can see, I'm accomplishing one of my tasks right now! :)

I still have a ways to go before I finish everything on this list tonight, so on that note . . .

Say good night Gracie . . .

Good night Gracie! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment