Friday, May 21, 2010

It's still Friday on the West Coast, SSSOOOO - WOW!!

Oh man, it's been a long week!

But, regardless of that fact, and that I have been in bed most of today with a terrible cold instead of where I want to be (in Wisconsin) I do have this week's WOW.

And that word is . . . .

CRINGE

I had to laugh when I saw this word on the marque. Because 95% of the words posted up to this point, have been happy, positive words. This was one I wasn't expecting - but applicable nonetheless.

The definition of cringe is: To shrink back, as if in fear; cower.

When I woke up at 4am this morning, I expected to get ready for my flight, finish my packing and head out to the Airporter.

However all that changed when I saw myself in the mirror and CRINGED at the sight of it. I felt horrible and looked the part. I cringed even more when I realized I was not going to make it, to the Airporter . . . to the flight . . . and worst of all to Chicago to meet my Dad so we could drive to Wisconsin together.

Thankfully all is well with my Dad and my family, AND I have a year to make a trip to Wisconsin at some other point in time. When I'm NOT feeling like garbage.

Oh and there is an upside, I read one of the books I was planning on taking with me - Tangled by Carolyn Mackler. It was an AMAZING, fabulous book!!!

So it's been a cringe-worthy day, but there's always next week . . . and a new word.

Happy weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment