Monday, May 3, 2010

What to do, what to do . . . .

Last Friday I got some good and bad news. All my patience had finally paid off, and I received an answer about my picture book.

It was dark when I picked up my mail that night, but when I saw the manila envelope, I knew it wasn't going to be good news. Little did I know I would be half-right.

What I found was a very sweet and appreciative rejection letter. That I expected. What I didn't expect was the hand written note on the bottom of the letter telling me that even though my picture book wasn't right for her, she noted that I was a talented writer and asked that I send her another manuscript, if I had one.


After I came down that little high, reality hit me . . . what am I going to send?

I have two YA novels completed, one is with another editor, and the other is sitting on my hard drive waiting for the finishing touches. Unfortunately I had planned to send the one on the hard drive to LA for the SCBWI conference.

So as you see, my title applies . . .

What to do, what to do??

Between my two finished novels, my picture book, and the other YA novel that I'm in the throws of working on right now, I have a lot of irons and just as many fires to put them in!

A happy but perplexing situation indeed.

So I'll be spending my next few days trying to figure this one out. I have until the beginning of June to have my manuscript in for the conference.

Let's hope I make the right choices . . .

1 comment:

  1. Lise - there's no bad choices. Write up a new pic book pronto, you talented one! Congrats - this is good news!