Monday, July 12, 2010

Time for summertime reading!

Every summer I try to accomplish one goal . . . to read one book a week.

Some summers I have better luck than others. Last summer was great! But that was because I had 3 trips in the first 5 weeks after school, and I am a trip reader.

What is a trip reader, you might ask?

When I go on a trip, whether it be on a plane, train or automobile, I am a captive audience to whatever book I may have in my hot little hands at that time. Three years ago I got through about a third of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows thanks to a 3 hour car drive from South Bend, Indiana to Chicago . . . and then while waiting 7 hours for our delayed flight to San Francisco!

Unfortunately, the first part of this summer has been spent spending too much time indoors . . . and not spending that indoor time wisely.

However, in 2 days I will be leaving to go on vacation. And that opens up brand-new trip reading time!

So am I excited about going on vacation? You betcha! I've got a stack of books just waiting to be read.

I just hope I can get through them all!!

I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment