Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Let the countdown begin . . .

I am pretty big on countdowns. I like the build-up that comes with them . . . doesn't matter what it's for, birthdays, New Year's, vacations. But my biggest countdown always comes this time of the year when I'm waiting for one MAJOR event:

The national SCBWI conference in Los Angeles.

I am now down to single digits in the countdown department for the conference and I've got all the symptoms . . . excitement, fear, wonder, but mostly awe. Awe in the sheer number of things I'll be doing, and who I'll be seeing.

It's a bit like knowing you've won the lottery, but you're not sure what your prize is.

I had the opportunity to submit Sophia to be critiqued at the conference this year. I know I've mentioned this, but last year I had another novel critiqued by an editor and the editor requested the entire manuscript. Unfortunately that didn't work out, but the thing is, you never know what might happen . . .

And that in itself is a wonderful thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment