Friday, July 9, 2010

An all brand new WOW!

Things have been pretty quiet this week . . . at least they have been here. Wish I could say it's for some amazing reason, but unfortunately laziness is my only excuse.

However, I am back on target with my WOWs and this week is a particularly interesting one . . .

BAFFLED.

Okay, so when I looked baffled up, it comes under the root word of baffle. There are two different definitions depending on the figure of speech you are using:

Baffle:(n) - 1. To frustrate or check (a person) as by confusing or perplexing.
2. To impede the force movement of.
OR (v) - 1. A usually static device that regulates the flow of a fluid or light.
2. A partition that prevents interference between sound waves in a speaker.

The definition I was thinking of when I came up with this word was the noun (since that's that one that uses the ending of ed).

There are times when I am baffled at the amount of time it takes for things to happen in the publishing world. I know it's a necessity to have patience in this business . . . I went into this with a complete understanding of it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get frustrating.

So, regardless of how baffled I am, I will keep plugging away . . .

What choice do I have?

Happy Weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment