Friday, July 23, 2010

An early edition of WOW . . .

Good morning!! Being on this time difference has led to some strange things. One of those being an early edition of this week's WOW.

It's a fun one . . . but kind of random . . . and very long!

PICKLE!

The definition of pickle includes:

1. An edible product, such as a cucumber, that is preserved and flavored.
2. A solution of brine or vinegar for preserving and flavoring food.
3. A chemical solution, like an acid, used to remove scale and oxides from metal before plating or finishing.
4. A disagreeable or troublesome situation, a plight.
5. A rundown in baseball.

SO MANY DEFINITIONS!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!

So which one am I using for this post?

Should I make you guess??

Nah . . .

Okay, even though in most cases the first one would apply (especially since my kids LOVE pickles - and I didn't realize definitions #1 and #2 could be interchangeable). And since it is baseball season I could use definition #5. And I had NO idea #3 existed!

That leaves me with definition #4.

Yes, even though I am on vacation, I'm in a bit of a pickle right now.

I've been drifting around a bit in the writing department this past week. Feeling kind of lost . . . not sure which direction to go.

I had one of my magazine articles rejected a few days ago. And even though I was bummed when I got it, I also was able to figure out that my other short story must be under consideration since I haven't heard back from the magazine and it's been over 2 months since the deadline passed.

That got me thinking about my magazine stories again . . .

I go through phases where I want to focus on my short stories and non-fiction articles. I come up with ideas, collect information, write it down, and then either write the story . . . or forget about it.

Yesterday I pulled up one of the websites for a magazine I'm going to be published in, and found their open themes list had been updated. That got me thinking. Again.

So now I'm in a big pickle . . . do I continue to work on my novel, revise my picture book, or try to FINALLY write down my stories/articles?

A pretty pickle indeed.

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend . . . have a good one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment