Friday, July 16, 2010

It's WOW time!!

I have to admit this week's WOW isn't very imaginative, but it's appropriate nonetheless. The word is . . . drum roll please . . .

VACATION!!

HA! Didn't see that one coming, did you?

Vacation: A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest or relaxation. Especially one with pay granted to an employee.

As you can tell, based on my last post, I am on vacation right now. But a vacation can mean different things to different people. Especially if you take the entire definition to heart.

For example, a couple weeks ago my family left to go out of town for a few days. Now for some people since they are still at home, it wouldn't be called a vacation (I mean it would for the family but not for the one left behind). However, since my duties as a mom were pared down significantly, one could have called it a vacation for me as well . . . especially in the rest department.

Unfortunately, the only part that doesn't apply to me is the "Especially one with pay granted to an employee". Because I write for myself and because I haven't been at my day job at the elementary school long enough, my being paid for being on this vacation just isn't happening.

Although, I am sitting here writing, after just finished reading a book, and my family is down in a steamy pool area while I'm in a nice air-conditioned room.

I think the trade-off suits me just fine.

Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment