Friday, June 25, 2010

It's WOW Friday!!

It's that time of the week again . . . WOW Friday!

And that word is:

KALEIDOSCOPE

Now everyone knows what a kaleidoscope is, I hope. I spent many an hour playing with one of those long plastic tubes creating all sorts of magical color combinations.

But not everyone knows there are two other definitions . . .

- A constantly changing set of colors.
- A series of changing phases or events.

Although the definition of the series of changing phases or events feels very applicable to my life right now, the constantly changing set of colors is more of what I'm thinking of.

Today's word was inspired by an amazing sunset I saw the other night. It was about 9 pm, and the clouds in the west had formed a cover making the most incredible sky. The top layer was a whitish-gray color, then a medium gray took over . . . but the combination of the two with the setting sun created some four or five different hues of pink. And although the word gorgeous aptly describes how it looked, as I took a detour driving home - staying west the entire way until the last of the pink had disappeared, another word popped into my head . . .

Kaleidoscope.

sigh . . . I wish I could see more of them . . .

Enjoy your weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment