Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another weekend WOW . . .

Hi all!!

Well it's been another crazy week, so yet again I'm posting my WOW on the weekend. I actually was going to post it on my usual Friday, but when I got out to write about it . . . I realized I hadn't written down the word and then promptly forgot it. UGH!

Anyway, after a quick drive past my school, I refreshed my memory. So without further ado the WOW for this week is . . .

COINCIDENCE!!

Coincidence: n - 1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space. 2. A sequence of events that although accidental, seems to have been planned or arranged.

Interesting how one word can have two TOTALLY different meanings. But the definition I'm writing about is the one that's probably most well known - "The sequence of events that although accidental, seems to have been planned or arranged."

I am a very intuitive person. I'm sure I've written this before, but I honestly believe that all things, situations and people who come into your life (good or bad) are for a reason. Usually it's to teach you something. But there are many people who believe coincidences rule the universe . . . everything that happens in this world is a accident.

In fact the people at "The Free Dictionary" where I got this definition, even state: ". . . that although accidental, seems to be have been planned or arranged."

So which do you believe? Do you believe that there is no such thing as coincidences . . . or is the opposite true?

Just something to think about on this summer/fall Sunday afternoon. :)

2 comments: