It's a brand new year and resolutions abound . . . at least they are for me.
Some will last more than others, but this year I've decided it about time to take my 'never say die' resolve and apply it appropriately. One of those ways is with this blog.
So welcome to my blog! :)
To those of you who don't know me, I am a mother, wife, Full-Inclusion Aide (at the moment) and a writer. More specifically, a children's book author.
Or so that is my dream.
It's a dream I've spent the better part of 17 years working on (including an 8 year hiatus when I was having my kids). But come in EXACTLY one month, February 1st, it will be 6 years since I made the decision to make this my sole purpose in life.
I've accomplished a lot these past 6 years . . .
- Had my first short story published.
- Had a non-fiction piece accepted.
- I have written several short stories I am currently finding homes for.
- Completed 2 young adult novels, and I'm in the process of starting my 3rd.
- I have one of those novels at a major publishing house (which was requested by an editor) and I'm now awaiting to hear of it's fate.
- Completed a picture book that I'm waiting to hear about as well.
So as you can see, I'm riding the wave . . . sitting on it's crest, wondering if I'll ride it all the way to shore.
Or if I'm going to crash.
Regardless of what happens this year, I'm going to keep on with the writing and riding the wave. Hope you enjoy the ride as much I do.